The University of Texas at Austin
Department of Psychology
1 University Station A8000
Austin, TX, 78712-0187
Generally speaking, I am interested in the ways in which we
perceive others' personalities and in turn, how they perceive our
personalities. I am particularly interested in the accuracy of first
impressions and snap judgments within "real" and virtual worlds, as well as how
we present ourselves within these environments. Another line of research I am
interested in is how personality and close relationships are integrated--i.e.,
personality matching and person-perception accuracy within romantic contexts.
RELATED GOZ LAB RESEARCH:
RELEVANT PUBLICATIONS (e-mail me for full text)
- Book Chapters
- Graham, L.T., Sandy, C.J., & Gosling, S.D. (2011). Manifestations of personality in physical and virtual environments.
In T. Chamorro- Premuzic, A. Fumham, & S. von Stumm (Eds.), Handbook of Individual Differences. Oxford: Whiley- Blackwell
- Graham, L.T. & Gosling, S. D. (2009). Temperament and personality in working dogs.
In W. S. Helton (Ed.), Canine Ergonomics (pp. 63-81). New York: Taylor and Francis Group.
- Papers Published in Peer-reviewed Conference Proceedings
- Graham, L.T. & Gosling, S.D. (2011) Can ambiance of a place be determined by the user
profiles of the people who visit it? Proceedings of the International Conference
on Weblogs and Social Media, Barcelona, Spain.
- Graham, L.T., Darling, E., Ke. M., Corsi, R.L. & Gosling, S.D. (2011). Linking personal
preferences to indoor air quality. Proceedings of Indoor Air 2008. Austin, TX.